Flagging a conference for you, that is happening soon here in Melbourne. If you are not able to attend it is worth tracking the social networks and stay connected to the outcomes.
ReimaginED is a unique annual conference that provides a space for deep learning and collaboration focused on transformative change in education. The event brings together an innovative community of teachers, students, researchers, school administrators, business people and community leaders with a shared goal of influencing the future of teaching,
My son George, who is in Year 9, attends the Woodleigh School, which is leading the event. It is interesting to see some of the conference topics they are exploring. I am particularly struck by the work on assessment with the Mastery Transcript.
Here are some of the provocations.
- How might we best foster the development of the skills and capabilities that are required to successfully navigate living and learning in today’s society?
- How can we co-design learning experiences with students that support practical, social and personal engagement with the complex realities of the natural and social worlds in which they live?
I don’t think we need more education conference, but this sets itself apart by having an emphasis towards action. We need viable alternatives, not just more rhetoric.
Make it More Dialogic
- Reflect on a connection you made with someone at a conference and the value that it created?
- Why are some education conference more successful?
- If you could reimagine assessment what would you focus on?